damages

Fire damages Folsoms Auto Sales, Service & Salvage in Skowhegan

SKOWHEGAN — An accidental fire caused extensive damage Monday morning to Folsoms Auto Sales, Service & Salvage, a longtime, family-owned business in Skowhegan.

The cause of the blaze at 232 Rowe Road was deemed accidental, Fire Chief Shawn Howard of the Skowhegan Fire Department said later in the afternoon.

“We’re looking at failure of a certain piece of equipment,” Howard said.

Howard said investigators from the Office of State Fire Marshal had been called to the scene to assist in the investigation. He did not have additional information on the equipment that caused the fire and said it will likely be the insurance company that investigates further.

The fire was reported just before 10 a.m. Howard said additional alarms were sounded because of the location of the fire and the potential for it to get worse because of the vehicles inside the garage.

“With the large fuel load and the

Read More