NEW PRODUCT RELEASE: Dinan BMW F95 X5M & F96 X6M Valved Axle Back Exhaust Systems
Dinan BMW F95 X5M & F96 X6M Valved Axle Back Exhaust Systems
Part Number(s): D660-0090 & D660-0090-BLK
- 2020-2023 F95 X5M
- 2020-2023 F95 X5M Competition
- 2020-2023 F96 X6M
- 2020-2023 F96 X6M Competition
Product Page(s) / Pricing: dinan.info/F95-EXH
Release Date: Available Now!
Description: The argument as to what performance SUV is placed atop the performance pyramid always seems to come to an end when the BMW X5M (or X6M) enters the conversation. The burly vehicles are intimidating due to their size yet still remarkably agile and quick given their heft making them perennial kings of the category. Like their sedan sibling, the M5, however there is a bit missing when it comes to audible enjoyment. While in stock trim the exhaust note is respectable, it is held back from unleashing its true glory in the name of refinement and respectability. Dinan brings forth an exhaust upgrade that retains both these important characteristics but also allows the full chorus of all 8 cylinders to surge through the system and display their vocal talents. With Dinan the beast has found its bark and it is glorious.
To achieve desired sound volume and tone Dinan felt becoming of the F9x X5M/X6M the tubing was enlarged to 83mm (vs 80mm stock) to allow freer flow throughout the entirety of the system. The larger tubing is fed into a muffler that is typical of all Dinan exhaust design and utilizes absorption and reactive technologies designed to improve exhaust flow and reduce backpressure. The combination results in increased power output and a great sporty sound that is civilized when you want it to be, and pleasantly aggressive under hard acceleration. This is partly courtesy of the retained computer-controlled exhaust valves that limit noise during low-speed driving and open fully during high-load conditions to allow free flow and greater sound as the bulk of the gases are bypassing the muffler. Like all Dinan exhausts, our X5M/X6M free flow exhaust is engineered to reduce low-RPM drone so the cabin of the vehicle is still intimate and not drowned in an excessively loud tone. With the Dinan exhaust equipped on the X5M/X6M you get the best of both worlds; aggressive tone/sound and civility. A combination that is quintessential of the luxury SUV with a penchant for aggressive behavior.
Sound isn’t the only aspect of the exhaust that has been modified. The Dinan F9x X5M/X6M exhaust has been skillfully crafted entirely out of T304 stainless steel and TIG welded for the best visual appearance and color. The entire system is then brush finished to further guarantee an immaculate looking system out of the box. The attention to detail is not limited to parts of the system you can’t see once the exhaust is installed but is also extended to the exhaust tips themselves. The Dinan exhaust sports massive, quad 4.5″ (114mm) clamp-on, double-walled, black ceramic coated (or polished) and laser engraved exhaust tips that are befitting of the big Bavarian beast. The tips masterfully fill up and accentuate upon the factory cut-outs showcasing an extremely aggressive, yet refined, styling that will force people to take notice even before it is heard.
- Maximum gains of +6 HP and +5 ft-lb of torque
- Enjoyably louder, sportier sound
- Drone abatement technologies used to reduce cabin resonance
- Four, diffuser filling, 4.5″ (114mm) double-walled, polished, or black ceramic coated clamp-on tips with laser engraved Dinan logo
- Larger diameter piping for increased flow (83mm vs. 80mm)
- Stock exhaust valve actuators reused, and operation of exhaust valve is unchanged so exhaust tone can be adjusted via the M-drive settings
- Computer controlled exhaust valves are retained and limit noise during low-speed driving and open fully during high-load conditions
- Twin secondary exhaust valves are a whopping 76mm diameter, making them 30% less restrictive than the OE valves
- 100% 304 Stainless Steel construction
- Factory-like fitment with included mounting hardware
Note: The x-pipe also shown is the video is not yet available but follow us on IG or FB for updates on its release.